Office of Budget and Planning
STEPS TO COMPLETING ONLINE BUDGET ADJUSTMENTS
- Go to the GSU Website - http://www.gram.edu
- Click the icon/link "GSUnet"
- Click "Banner Web"
- Enter your User ID and your PIN, and then click the "Login" Button.
- You have two options here:
- Click on “Finance” located on the Gold Horizontal Bar
- Click on "Financial Information Menu" under the Main Menu
- Click on "Budget Transfer"
This is the "Budget Transfer" page used for budget adjustments.
- Select the Journal Type: BD02 (Permanent Budget Adjustment)
- Enter the Transfer Amount: 1000 (This amount should always be in whole dollars, no cents, no decimal places, no dollar signs, and no commas).
- Enter “From Chart: R, Fund: ###, Orgn: ####, Account: ######, Program: ##”
- Enter “To: Fund: ###, Orgn: ####, Account: ######, Program: ##”
(Please keep in mind, the “From” on this form represents where you are subtracting or reducing funds and “To” represents where you are adding or increasing funds).
Note: No entry should be made under Index, Activity, or Location.
- Enter “Description: Please give brief reason for the budget adjustment”
- Select “Budget Period”: Determined by the month of the current fiscal year
|Fund Codes||Account Codes|
|100 – Operating Fund
2XX – Auxiliary Fund
360XXX – University Restricted
370XXX – Tiger Fund
|404000 – Travel
405000 – Operating Services
406000 – Supplies
406500 – Professional Services
407000 – Other Charges
408000 – Capital Outlay
|Program Codes||Budget Periods|
|10 = Instruction
20 = Research
40 = Academic Support
50 = Student Services
60 = Institutional Support
70 = Operations and Maintenance
90 = Auxiliary
|Jul = 01
Aug = 02
Sep = 03
Oct = 04
Nov = 05
Dec = 06
|Jan = 07
Feb = 08
Mar = 09
Apr = 10
May = 11
Jun = 12
Once you have completely filled in all the necessary fields, click “Complete”
This is the page that shows your document number. You have now completed your budget adjustment. This document is now forwarded to the Approval process. PLEASE PRINT A COPY FOR YOUR FILES.
If you need assistance or have a question, please contact the budget office at: (318) 274-2630.